Wednesday, April 11, 2007

In the beginning...

Well, thanks to Mr Zig for tagging me! I will say now that I am quite sure that everyone who I read has already been tagged, so this particular line of tags stops here. Sorry!

Anyway, it all started for me last autumn when James emailed me to say that he had started blogging and asked me if I wanted to read it. While reading his blog I created one for myself, entitled "Don't talk to me about life". I had intended that this would be a place where I would dump all sorts of anger, hatred and loathing that I was feeling at the time. I only made , 2 very short posts before I decided that this would be a bad idea. I continued to read James's blog and started to follow links from comments that were left by others and started reading their blogs too. I had expected blogging to feel much like an email discussion group, but it is actually a totally different experience, and I love it and the new people that I have met through it.

After some bullying from James, I decided that I would get back to doing my own blog. My original one was far too negative - I wanted to blog about the things love in life, while still acknowledging that SHIT HAPPENS. The result is Cycling Thoughts, what I hope is a diverse and entertaining series of ramblings about me, my life, what I do and think. Thank you for reading it, making comments and making my world a better place.

4 comments:

Ali said...

Yay for James the bully!

I'm so glad you're here John, and that you know you can blog about whatever you want. Because, oh man, don't I know that shit happens.

Besides, you are so funny - and I love hearing about your life!

Terri said...

I'm really glad you are blogging John. Your posts are always entertaining and interesting and on the top of my list of sites to check everyday!

Logzie said...

I am so glad that you are blogging too John! It's so much fun to see everyone's different perspectives on life!

Can't wait to read your posts everyday! I am with Ali, you can't take a break again! HA! justkidding!

mr zig said...

I like how you said you wanted to "blog about the things you love in life, while still acknowledging that shit happens" - thats awesome! :)