100 Random Things
Having done a “day in the life of” for Logzielle, here are my 100 things for Ali!
1. How old will you be in five years? 48
2. Who did you spend at least two hours with today? My wife.
3. How tall are you? 6’2”
4. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks? Playing wargames all day at the Society of Ancients Battle Day. My daughter’s birthday. Summer!
5. What's the last movie you saw? Terminator III.
6. Who was the last person you called? My friend Steve.
7. Who was the last person to call you? My wife.
8. What was the last text message you received? My friend Steve moaning about the NHS.
9. Who was the last person to leave you a voicemail? Don’t know, I never get them.
10. Do you prefer to call or text? Call.
11. What were you doing at 12am last night? Laying in bed reading about Alexander the Great. I guess that is rather sad.
12. Are your parents married/divorced? Divorced.
13. When did you last see your mom? This morning.
14. What color are your eyes? Blue-grey but if I wear green they look green.
15. What time did you wake up today? 6.30am.
16. What are you wearing right now? Short sleeved shirt, trousers, slippers – and undies of course!
17. What is your favourite Christmas song? Away in a Manger. My mom used to sing this to me when I was a child – even in the middle of the summer!
18. Where is your favourite place to be? Anywhere with the wife and kids.
19. Where is your least favorite place to be? The local hospital.
20. Where would you go if you could go anywhere? I would do the coast to coast tour of Canada.
21. Where do you think you'll be in 10 years? Not far from where I am now!
22. Do you tan or burn? Tan very slightly.
23. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child? Things in the shadows. No I was NOT scared of Hank Marvin!
24. What was the last thing that really made you laugh? A really dumb sketch on Radio 4.
25. How many TVs do you have in your house? 5.
26. How big is your bed? Double.
27. Do you have a laptop or desktop computer? Both.
28. Do you sleep with or without clothes on? Without unless it is really cold.
29. What color are your sheets? Burgundy.
30. How many pillows do you sleep with? Four.
31. What is your favorite season? Autumn.
32. What do you like about fall? Blackberry picking, crunching through fallen leaves.
33. What do you like about winter? Getting through it without getting too cold and wet on my bike!
34. What do you like about the summer? Picnics, long family walks, sitting in the garden playing guitar.
35. What do you like about spring? Warm sun, blossom on the trees, longer days.
36. How many states/provinces/counties have you lived in? 1.
37. What cities/towns have you lived in? Herne Bay, Whitstable.
38. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet? Slippers.
39. Are you a social person? Sort of. I like company but can easily get along on my own.
40. What was the last thing you ate? A jelly baby.
41. What is your favorite restaurant? Burrito Amigo
42. What is your favorite ice cream? The white Italian stuff. Then I chuck all sorts of stuff on top.
43. What is your favorite dessert? Trifle.
44. What is your favorite kind of soup? Hot and Sour.
45. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB & J sandwich?
46. Do you like Chinese food? Oh yes!
47. Do you like coffee? NO!
48. How many glasses of water, a day, do you drink on average? Plain water? None. I do drink about 3-4 pints of fruit squash each day, though.
49. What do you drink in the morning? Squash.
51. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed? I sleep away from the door, because my wife wants to be close to the door.
52. Do you know how to play poker? Vaguely.
53. Do you like to cuddle? Oh yes.
54. Have you ever been to Canada? No.
55. Do you have an addictive personality? Yes.
56. Do you eat out or at home more often? Home.
58. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you? Not the say day, but 1 day either side.
59. Do you want kids? Did not want them until I found I was going to be a father. Now they are the centre of my life.
60. Do you speak any other languages? No, like a true Englishman.
61. Have you ever gotten stitches? Yes.
62. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance? Yes.
63. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool? Pool for swimming in, ocean to look at and listen to.
64. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seats? Window.
65. Do you know how to drive stick? How to what?
66. What is your favorite thing to spend money on? My kids.
67. Do you wear any jewelry 24/7? No. I used to wear a ring that my wife gave me but it got caught on something at work (when I worked in a factory) and my hand nearly got dragged into a chopping machine so I stopped wearing it.
68. What is your favorite TV show? Heroes.
69. Can you roll your tongue? Yes.
70. Who is the funniest person you know? Steve.
71. Do you sleep with stuffed animals? No in the bed – I have a couple of stuffed toys that are mine in the bedroom.
72. What is the main ring tone on your phone? Incoming. My phone is old.
73. Do you still have clothes from when you were little? No.
74. What red object is closest to you right now? My desk tidy.
75. Do you turn off the water while you brush your teeth? Yes.
76. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? Who cares?
77. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees? A bear. Bears are cuddly and cute. OK, they are not but I think I would die much faster.
78. Do you flirt a lot? No.
79. What do you dip a chicken nugget in? Hoisin.
80. What is your favorite food? Mexican.
81. Can you change the oil on a car? No but I don’t have a car!
82. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket? No, they don’t tend to give tickets to cyclists.
83. Have you ever run out of gas? Yes but a good Mexican soon fixes that!
84. What is your usual bedtime? 11pm.
85. What was the last book you read? The Campaigns of Alexander the Great.
86. Do you read the newspaper? No, I hate them all.
87. Do you have any magazine subscriptions? Yes, ones about wargaming.
89. Do you watch soap operas? No.
90. Do you dance in the car? No car and you can’t dance on a bike.
91. What radio station did you last listen to? InvictaFM.
92. Who is in the picture frame closest to you? My kids.
93. What was the last note you scribbled on a piece of paper? A phone message for someone who was out of the office.
94. What is your favorite candle scent? Not really my thing.
95. What is your favorite board game? Backgammon.
96. Have you ever screamed at someone (not words - just a scream) in a public place, just for the sake of it? No.
97. When was the last time you attended church? A wedding when I was about 18.
98.Who was your favorite teacher in high school? Mr Nicholson, my maths teacher who lived 2 doors away.
99. What is the longest you have ever camped out in a tent? 1 night.
100. Who was the last person to do something extra special for you? My wife.