8 things I am passionate about:
- My family
- Playing my guitars
- My work
- Um, "being married" if you get my drift...
8 things I often say:
- Quotes from The Simpsons
- Can I have a quesadilla with cheesy nachos and a Coke
- Did you HAVE to drive that close you *&%$!
- I am hungry
- Can I buy a new set of strings?
- Is it that late already?
- Where did the weekend go?
- Sorry I did not mean to turn it up THAT loud
8 books I have read recently:
- Bill Bryson, Down Under
- Stuff about the Black Prince and the Battle of Poitiers
- An alternative history about what might have happened if the Spanish Armada had succeeded in conquering England
- Stuff about the Polish army in the 17th Century
- Stuff about doing maps on computers, related to my work
- Something by Terry Pratchett
- The Penguin Dictionary of The Bible, with maps by me(!)
- Stuff about the Romans
8 things to do before I die:
- Play in a band again
- See my kids through to adulthood, hey maybe even see a grandchild!
- Take the coast to coast train journey across Canada, taking a few detours to visit people
- Write a book
- Write and publish a set of wargame rules
- Learn to play the piano
- Learn to play the drums
- Finish painting all of my toy soldiers
8 songs I could listen to over and over again:
- Strangers in the Darkness by Gary Moore
- Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd
- Stormy Monday by The Allman Brothers
- While My Guitar Gently Weeps, as played by Jeff Healey
- The song that Ray Charles sings in The Blues Brothers
- Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Helleluyah I Love Her So, as played by Humble Pie
- The karaoki version of Ebony and Ivory from the movie Undercover Brother
8 things that attract me to my friends
- A sense of humour
- Similar interests
- Can't think of anything else - I just tend to click with people or not!
8 things I have learned in the last year
- How great blogging is
- That Doctors can do whatever they like and not have to answer for it
- How much my wife loves me
- Lots of stuff about maps and computers
- How little we really know about what happened in the past - so much British history seems to have been made up by the Victorians
- Lots of new stuff on the guitar
- I have got one particular, really good friend that I met a couple of years ago. This year I realised that we actually met once over 25 years ago, had planned to meet up again but never did until recently.
- I love bagels