Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Another Milestone

Today is the day my 11 year old daughter starts secondary school. It is amazing how she has grown and changed in the last year. Last summer she was a chubby little girl - now she is taller (don't they grow fast at that age?), slimmer (I am not allowed to know how much weight she has lost, but she looks perfect), has a new shorter, more grown up hair style and is bursting with confidence. Seeing her in her new uniform was quite a shock, where has my little girl gone? I would have been sad if I was not so proud of her.

Can't wait to get home to hear about her first day - did she get lost in that maze of a school? Does she like her teachers? How many times was she asked if she was "Arthur's sister" (she really does not want to be known as Arthur's Sister, she wants to make her own mark!)...

Hey, a few more years and we will be looking at them going off to University, but that is currently someone else's story, eh Terri?

Hm, but we have 2 Universities within easy travelling distance of home, so maybe they will NOT go away...

3 comments:

Logzie said...

How sweet! Your daughter has a wonderful Father! It's so great that you are interested in her day like that.

A girl really needs this kind of attention from her Father..trust me...I know! :0)

Terri said...

You are a great dad, John! I often wonder if my husband thinks that deeply about our kids. Not that I'm faulting him. His brain doesn't operate that way, but I love seeing a dad being that in tune with his daughter!

Anonymous said...

brought tears... how sweet!