Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snooooowwwww!

Well it finally looks like we are going to get some real winter weather here in good old Blighty! Winter so far has generally been fairly warm and wet - it is nolonger possible for us to deny the truth of Global Warming! Those of you in the USA and Canada have, of course, been having a rather different winter and may well be thinking "Global Warming? Bring it on!"

But as I was saying, Britain has now been getting some snow, and I am now keeping an eye out for the first flakes to start falling outside - my excuse to jump on my bike and head for home. I love cycling in fresh falling snow, before it turns to ice or slush, both of which are bad for the cyclist...

One thing that makes me want to have snow is that our dog, a 1 year old golden labrador called Custard, has not seen proper snow yet (just a few flakes one morning when he was a puppy) and want to see what he does. Will take have to film him, I think.

4 comments:

Logzie said...

Awe!!! A puppy!!

We have Grover, a 100 lb. golden retreiver and he LOVES the snow!!!

Rock Chef said...

Well Custard is not really a puppy any more, being 13 months weighing in at around 110 lbs, but he still THINKS he is a puppy, wanting to sit on laps for cuddles, etc.

Logzie said...

I can totally understand. Grover is 9 years old and STILL acts like a puppy. Never grew out of it. And yes, he still wants to sit on our laps as well.

I think it's the retreiver/labrador trait in them.

Logzie said...

You better not go anywhere John!! :-)