Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Thinking of S-E-X as a running race...

Guys, picture this.

You are at the race track, all geared up in your shorts, shirt and spikes ready for a race. You persuade a lovely female runner to race with you. She agrees and off you go, pelting down the track as fast as your legs can carry you. You hurtle around the track and complete the lap just as she finishes getting organised on the starting blocks. She is ready to go and you are just not ready to go round again - not JUST yet anyway!

Do this too often and no one will want to race you, will they?

Familiar? I hope not, but if it is, read on.


Here are a few hints that will make running with you more appealing:
  • Do not try to "win" the race.
  • Give the other runner a head start - warm up on the start line for a while so she can at least get going before you set off after her. Letting her complete a couple of laps first will make her much more likely to want to race you again.
  • When you finally do set off, don't sprint, pace yourself. Soldiers often use a mix of jogging and fast walking to allow them to cover very long distances without tiring...
  • Remember that you will probably only get to do one lap without a good rest, so try to make sure that you both cross the finish line at the same time.
  • You may find that, after all this the other runner is all fired up for another lap or two. Do what you can to make sure she succeeds. Again, this will make her more likely to want to race you again.

That is all for today.

Happy racing everyone!

17 comments:

Logzie said...

**blushing**

Oh my gosh!...what to say...what to say...

AMEN BROTHER...PREACH IT!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terri said...

Your wife must be a very happy woman!

Rock Chef said...

Logzie - Hm, not quite the sort of thing we imagined for "flirty Friday", huh? Sorry to make you blush, but it was a thought that kept coming back and I just had to get it out of my system.

Terri - Now I'm the one blushing, you bad woman!

Logzie said...

I think it's fantastic for "flirty friday"...it was done in VERY good taste and it was incredibly accurate! I think if more married couples spent more time "being married" then there wouldn't be as many petty issues etc...just a thought!

Besides that, I think there are some men that really don't KNOW this and the word needs to get out! Thankfully my husband does! ha! What some men don't realize is that ther would be more "races" to "run" if they would only follow your suggestions. Isn't that whay they really want anyway?

:0)

Rock Chef said...

Thanks. After I posted it I had a sudden urge to remove it but decided that we are all adults here and you can hear worse on daytime TV!

Maybe "Flirty Friday" will become official next year?

Logzie said...

Ah, the key is to do it in 'good taste' and you certainly did just that.

Go for it! You can be "Mr. Dr. Ruth". LOL!!

Jahooni said...

SUPER DUPER POST! I was kinda shocked but in a good way...

Run Rock Chef... Run!

Kiki said...

...sometimes a girl likes a sprint!!! **never blushes** heehee!!! Fun post, never doubt yourself and your posts, they are always received with open arms!!!

Rock Chef said...

Logzie - Mr Dr Ruth? I like that, though I hope I look a bit better...

Jahooni - glad you enjoyed it!

Kiki - Now if the girl WANTS to sprint that is fine, of course! And thanks for the encouragement!

Terri said...

Rock Chef - Sorry to make you blush! Oops! ;)

And what did I miss? What's flirty Friday? It's not Friday yet either! I am confused!

Rock Chef said...

Terri - "Flirty Friday" is a little something that Logzie and I discussed a while ago but did not follow it up. It was meant to be like her "Thrifty Thurday" posts but, um, different :-)

Sorry to confuse you (not posting it on a Friday and then talking like it WAS a Friday?) - we are all easy to confuse at the moment, I think!

Terri said...

Ahhhh, I get it. I'll bet this was inspired by Logzie's anniversary post where she encouraged everyone to revisit their youth and use the back of their mini-vans for romantic purposes....

I think I'm blushing now!

Logzie said...

LOL!!!...nope, it's definately ME that's blushing now Terri!! LOL!!!

John-you've definately beat out Dr. Ruth in the "good looks" department! Okay, now you've got me thinking about names:

Dr. Ruth Rock
Sex on a Bike
Run, Rock Chef, Run!

Oh boy...I could go on forever...but I'll spare you!! LOL!!!!

Rock Chef said...

Sex on a Bike - is that a challenge? Ha!

kenady said...

Where the hell have I been? That's the best post EVER!

Aaron said...

Wow.

I'm ready to run out there and see if the new shoes fit!

Unknown said...

Wow, what a great analogy for sex. I think I know a lot of guys who might have more running partners if they knew these things - according to what I've heard from their ex girlfriends.