Monday, December 03, 2007

Sport

Over the years that have been a range of scandals affecting sports of various types - steroid abuse and match/race fixing being the first to come to mind.

European soccer is currently under scrutiny for match fixing. Now I am not a fan of soccer and do not really care if the matches are fixed or not, but if things are going to be fixed they might as well do it in style! Let's look at what the next World Cup Final could look like...


Well, Bob, it looks like England are about to lose out to their old rivals, Germany.

Yes, Jerry, it is 1970 all over again, England just can't keep up with this German squ-

Hold on there, Bob, I don't believe what I am seeing here, but the Germans seem to have 6 balls on the pitch at the same time, the English don't have a chance now! The goalie just can't stop 6 balls at once.

Come on, where is the ref? He is being distracted by the German manager and his two sexy young girlfriends...

[Loud rock music starts]

Whoa! What's happening now? Bob, is this what I think it is?

Yes, Jerry, it is! The American team has come onto the pitch too and is helping out the English team! I haven't seen anything like this before! The Special Relationship really IS unshakable!

Oh no, Bob, I can't look! The German substitutes have now gone onto the pitch, and they hav got FOLDING CHAIRS!!!!!


There, now wouldn't that be much more fun?

9 comments:

Jen said...

I was told, by a man, I look like a German soccer player once. A MALE German soccer player. . . .

***pfffft. men.***

Kayris said...

My husband is completely disgusted with organized sports. Somewhere along the line, it stopped being about the love of the game and started being about money...

Logzie said...

I don't follow sports much at all...

Kiki said...

Do you mean that teams "throw" the games on purpose???

I am a huge fan of Notre Dame football, um American college football and I can't say I've heard of any scandal from there except that they can't win a game-AWFUL season!!!

I wasn't aware that it was so widespread...

R.E.H. said...

Well, that's an interesting view into the future of sports ;)

Really, though. I am a fan of soccer (second to baseball in my book)... but fixed games should really be punished harder.

Baseball, I've never heard of fixed games... but there is, of course, the Barry Bonds story. When will they ever learn?

Terri said...

Now that scenario might actually entice me into watching football/soccer!

kenady said...

I think it's so silly to fix games. For real... I agree with Mommy K, the sport should be about the love of the game, not about the money. Greed is the worst deadly sin!

Rock Chef said...

Jen - was that guy totally blind or something? Most German footballers look like Stormtroopers, and you definitely do not!

Mommyk - Yep, it is all for the cash these days, even the Olympics which used to be for non-professionals.

Logzie - Sorry, I will return to something more meaningful soon! But maybe you WOULD follow it if it was like wrestling..

Kiki - Yes, they think that some of the qualifying rounds for the European Championships were thrown - organised by gambling rings...

r.e.h. - yes, the punishment should be severe but I doubt much will happen - they will probably find a scapegoat and leave it at that.

Terri - I think I would watch it too!

Kenady - yes, it is all about the money - I talk to kids who want to be soccer players not because they love the game but because of the stupid pay!

Logzie said...

What's that suppose to mean?? so, you think I look like a wrestler or something? Huh? Huh?






just kidding... :0)