Monday, December 17, 2007

Another odd dream...

Well, Saturday saw the final of the UK X-Factor competition - a show where they try to find a new pop superstar, or at least someone that will guarantee Simon Cowell the Christmas Number 1 slot!



The final three were a very strange Welshman (in white), a young Scot who was good at singing like Frank Sanatra (in black) and a brother-sister act (called Same Difference) who were like High School Musical meets Donny and Marie meeting happy pills (oh come on, you really need to be told which ones they are?). Of the three they were by far the most entertaining, but they came 3rd. My kids were incensed. The show is about pop music and these two were about as pop music as it comes, but no, the Scottish crooner won.


We watched something else, I finished my bottle of wine, had a bath and headed for bed.


I then had the same dream 3 times in a row!


I had won the lottery (a rollover, so it was a big one) and had asked the kids what they really wanted for Christmas. The unanimous decision was that they wanted Same Difference to be number 1 for Christmas, so I had arranged and paid for them to release a CD!


3 times I dreamed that!


On Sunday morning, I checked my numbers and found that - I hadn't won a penny, so it was, as they say, just a dream. Oh well.

12 comments:

krista said...

Maybe it was for the NEXT lottery?! Play again! I loved Donny and Marie when I was young. I still have my barbie dolls of them!

Terri said...

You KNOW it's just a dream when that's all your kids are asking for for Christmas. But seriously... 3 times? I can barely remember any dream I every have, much less have the same one 3times!

Jahooni said...

Keep dreaming....
they also say things happen in "3's" so maybe it's on to something else...

Jen said...

Maybe it was for this coming week's lottery?

Keep hoping!

kenady said...

What an awesome dream! 3 times too! WOW! Something is in the works somewhere. I'm with Krista and Jen... keep playing the lottery. Maybe the third time is the charm:)

Rock Chef said...

Krista - I hope you don't let Batman and Catwoman get too close to Donny and Marie...

Terri - That is all? Have you any idea how much it cost me to pay for that CD release? :-)

Jahooni - Yep, who knows what is around the corner - something good I hope!

Jen - I will try again tomorrow.

Kenady - OK, will let you know if it works!

Logzie said...

I have never had any dream 3 times in a row! Wow! I rarely can even remember them the next day...

Ali said...

I'm going to have nightmares about that freak with the white hair...

Rock Chef said...

Logzie - I think it is the first time I have had the same one like that too.

Ali - think yourself lucky you did not have to watch him singing "Go West"... During the final we were discussing the options for each if they won. The winner seems to immediately get splatted all over the teen magazines and we had visions of the editors of said magazines going grey at the thought of having to make this guy seem appealing to young girls. My thought, which made my daughter almost wet herself with laughter, was to have his face on a front cover with a speech bubble saying "Hello little girl, would you like to see some puppies?" How would YOU, as an expert, handle that one, eh?

krista said...

Yah, we wouldn't want Batman and Catwoman corrupting Donny and Marie! Hmmm....maybe it should be the other way around.

Rock Chef said...

Krista - can you imagine Batman and Catwoman knocking on doors trying to convert people? "Robin, I think we need the Bat-Anti-Catholic-Ray!"

Marie said...

I'd say keep playing the lottery as you never know!