Monday, December 10, 2007

Santa Pooh's Grotto

I finally got started on the Christmas decorations. The main focus was setting up my older daughter's Winnie the Pooh tree in our front porch. My daughter was a Pooh fanatic, even when she was ill in hospital, at the age of 17, her Pooh Bear blankets, pajamas, hair bands, etc, were her trade mark with the nurses.



We only blocked this in during the summer so it is the first time we have decorated it.

The final addition was her biggest Pooh wearing my old Santa outfit:



Pooh Bear's Grotto is complete. My wife has done the living room. I still have to finish the hall and diningroom...

10 comments:

Terri said...

I love it! Your daughter would be proud.

Ali said...

I love Winnie the Pooh! Did you know he originated in Winnipeg?

Nice job on the grotto! And I agree with Terri - Sophie would be delighted!

amazingbrenda said...

This truly is an adorable tree. Good job! you deserve a pat on the back, indeed your daughter would be so very proud!

Logzie said...

Beautiful tree! Good work! I love all the ways your family keeps Sophie so close like this!



P.S.-I can't believe you really took pictures! Yay!!!! :0)

kenady said...

Your daughter is proud! I love "Pooh Grotto" and am smiling now as I imagine it for real.

Thank you for taking photos and for sharing them with us!

Terri said...

Ok, next we want to see the rockin' nativity scene!

Jen said...

Beautiful! Absolutely.

What a great homage to your daughter.

Kiki said...

Pooh was the theme of my third sisters bedroom...so I understand the "love". I am so excited that you took pictures and what a lovely idea, thank you for sharing- your family is in my thoughts this time of year. Can't wait to see how your wife did!!!

Rock Chef said...

Thanks everyone. I should be posting pics of the hall when it is done (not quite there yet) and one of my wife's tree too.

As for the "Rockin' Nativity Scene" I have a plan for that too, but don't know if I will have time to do it. We will see...

Marie said...

Absolutely beautiful! I look forward to seeing the pics of the hall and your wife's tree.